thegraphicstudent.com

The graphic studentis a resource for design students. Whether you're studying graphics, fashion, architecture, or any other creative visual field, this the place for you. A place to share work, speak your mind, and learn from one another.

Meaning Making

Meaning_Making, a series of videos I found discusses the Graphic Design Thesis II work done by University of New York (I think I’ve linked to the right department there) students Michael Mallon, Joseph Mazzaro, Patrick Walsh and Melissa Washin. It’s asks questions about ideas, process, execution, etc. You might find the videos a little pretentious or slow at times, but what the students are saying is very interesting, and a lot of the work shown is fantastic. One piece that caught my attention in the 2nd video is the stenciled statistic on the recycling bin “a plastic milk jug takes 1,000,000 years to decompose” - seems like the perfect place to educate people on that issue! If you’ve got the time, go check them out. Here’s a link to each specific one (but watch them in order).